Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

New Zealand Gets FCUKd

Forgive the title of this post (crass but irresistible).

After weeks of keeping my beady eye on Nuffield Street, on my Tuesday morning coffee walk I noticed that the French Connection store fit-out is finally underway. The website says that the store will be open in June 2015. A month later than the hype earlier this year suggested, but underway. My Air NZ Kia Ora magazine a couple of weeks ago said that the store opened in May! No doubt newsletter subscribers will receive an email announcing the grand opening.

The arrival of French Connection comes hot on the heels of two other international brands (Topshop and Seed Heritage). This is great news for the NZ fashionista, and a good shake up for some tired local brands (Glassons and Max I'm looking at you).

So what does French Connection have to offer the 40-plus woman? A lot as it happens. And their sizing goes up to a NZ 16. FCUK is more about casual wear, but some items can be interpreted as work wear with some imagination. Here are my picks from the current collection. All prices in AUD:











No comments:

Post a Comment