Pages

Thursday 12 September 2013

Karen Walker

I loved Karen Walker's New Rose collection for AW13. The clean lines, interesting prints and kinder price points set this collection apart from her previous offerings. And, being a little slimmer has meant that I can actually fit many of her pieces. My KW sunglasses are no longer orphans in my closet...

I was pleasantly surprised to find lots of oversized pieces in the New Rose collection which makes this designer brand more accessible to fashionable women beyond a size 12. I ended up buying the bloody rose BF tee (below), my first KW clothing item:



The size? A UK8 (NZ10) and it's boxy and roomy on me. Look out for it in future posts. Other pieces from New Rose that would easily accommodate mid-plus sizes:






Walker has just shown her Utopia collection at New York Fashion Week. This time, slouchy and menswear-inspired cuts dominated. It will be interesting to see if pieces from this collection welcome sizes 14-16 with open arms, as New Rose did.


No comments:

Post a Comment